You’ve likely heard about, or experienced the effects of, the health care shortage in BC. Hero Home Care is taking an active role to address this shortage through our expansion of services and service areas in the Lower Mainland, and by hiring only the best caregivers.
For over 13 years, we’ve helped many Lower Mainland families get the support, care, and companionship they or their loved ones need to live a safe and healthy life at home. That includes over 3000 families and over 1 million hours served…and counting! At the heart of our business is the team of loving and experienced caregivers who provide our services in your home.
If you’ve been struggling to get care in the BC health care system, receiving in-home health care and domestic support can help ease the burden of caring for loved ones at home.
Why Hero Home Care caregivers are different
Many companies claim to go above and beyond for their clients, but few have won awards for their commitment and care…but we have! We recently won a BC Care Award for the Provider of the Year in Home Health.
Winner of this award, Patricia Asto, is an excellent role model and example of what all our caregivers are capable of. She has been working for us for many years and feels personally fulfilled as a personal care aid for clients in BC. However, as an immigrant from the Philippines, her credentialing process in Canada was not as smooth as it could have been. The process to get certified as a health caregiver or nurse in BC was quite expensive, and something she couldn’t afford.
“Instead, I took the Resident Care Aide program, that was only possible by applying for a student loan. Working in home support as a caregiver is one of the most rewarding & challenging jobs, but it is also one of the most fulfilling. I am honoured to have the opportunity to make a positive impact in people’s lives.”
– Pat Asto
This credentialing struggle is something many of our team members have gone through, and something we’re advocating to the government and regulatory bodies to simplify to help deal with the health care provider shortage in our province.
“Pat, along with many of our heroes (aka caregivers), could not transfer her professional designation to Canada even though she has many years of training and experience in the Philippines. This unfortunately limits Pat in her career as she is limited to the type of care she can provide and the places she can work. People like Pat are essential to our health care system as they have the skills and the passion to support our aging population and the growing health care needs in our province.”
– Danny Birch, HHC Founder and Co-CEO
Elevating your in-home care
While we work to advocate for a better health care system in BC, our team is doing everything we can to elevate the level of care we provide our clients like you. We’ve always provided excellent senior care and care for those who need in-home support or companionship.
Here’s how we’re helping you get the best in-home care possible:
- Initial consultations are free. We don’t believe you should pay to meet us to see if we’re a good fit for your loved one. We also do these consultations in your home, so you can meet us in person (virtual consultations are available for those who prefer). After this meeting, we will create a personalized care plan for you, and you can decide if you want to hire us to help.
- Home care heroes are matched based on skills: We know your specific needs are unlike our other clients. This is why we carefully pair our home care aides with you based on the skills you need and your personality too.
- You get a personal care manager: In addition to your home care support, you’ll also get a personal care manager who you can contact at any time with your questions, concerns, or requests for changes in care. They will provide supervised visits, home safety assessments, Care Plan development and oversight, and regular in-home caregiver training.
- Virtual Care Platform access: Clients receive an 8-inch tablet with a platform for their whole family to access a family doctor for virtual visits, get same-day prescription orders, and access a network of healthcare professionals. It’s easy to use and purpose build for seniors, and they can use it to stay connected with friends and family via secure video calling.
- We don’t sleep…so you can: Home health care isn’t a 9-5 job. We know you often need care or support in the evenings and overnight. That’s why we also offer overnight support and access to our team for emergency calls 24/7, to give you peace of mind that someone will always answer the phone when you need it.
What areas we serve
In addition to providing personalized care, we recently expanded our services areas to provide care to as many people as possible. These include the following regions and cities in BC:
- Vancouver: Including Vancouver Westside, Downtown Vancouver, East Vancouver, and Richmond.
- The North Shore: Including West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Bowen Island, Sea to Sky, and Sunshine Coast.
- Surrey: Including Surrey, Delta, White Rock, and the surrounding area.
- Burnaby: Including Burnaby, New Westminster, Port Moody, Belcare, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Pitt Meadows.
- Fraser Valley: Including Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Mission, Maple Ridge, and Aldergrove.
Are you thinking about in-home care?
Today more than ever, more people want the freedom and independence to continue living at home after an injury or as they get older and their physical and mental abilities weaken.
Have you been watching a parent or elderly family member struggle to live safely and happily at home? Are you or someone you know injured, recovering from a medical procedure, or needing home health support at home?
We can match you with the perfect home care hero. You become part of our family, and like family, we’ll go above and beyond to ensure you’re safe and happy.
Learn more about the in-home medical, domestic, and companionship care we can provide, and book your complementary in-home consultation and assessment today. You’ll see how much easier and safer we can make your life and the lives of your loved ones.